Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Psycho Beast sequel

In college I was called psycho beast while I displayed my cutlery skills on a piece of innocent cheese. Since then, I have continued to utilize my cutlery skills to their max. Last week as I was making braised radishes with these extremely huge watermelon radishes that weighed half a pound each. The recipe clearly was using small radishes. So I thought that cooking them first would soften them so I let them cook. Then took then out and proceeded to attempt a clean slice of them. Well I took out my extreme large knife and started to cut as I did there were loud banging on the counter and the pieces of radishes were flying in many directions. I didn't think about it until I finished cutting and had placed the radishes back in the pot.

Knock, knock on the door I went to it, my upstairs neighbor was there, he was wondering if I was banging on the ceiling to quiet them down. I assured him they were not loud and awkwardly tried to tell me that all the banging was from me cooking. Well my smooth talk came out like this... " the noise was me ....I was cutting... veggies." He was extremely perplexed by his look but was to gentleman like to say anything but " thanks bye."

No comments:

Post a Comment