Saturday, February 12, 2011

Celery Root Soup




Love NY fashion week with Jason Wu collection. Siriano's models falling all over the runway which was coined as bloodbath by some. Mr. Increditible was off to his warrior thing this weekend. So I thought perfect time to use my celery root. Celery Root is ugly to look at. It looked like it has something sprouting from it. I wanted to find a great recipe, I found one from a vegan chef off Oprah. It was Celery Root soup with Granny Smith Apples. Because I did not have cashew cream I used half and half instead. I'm not vegan as you can tell.
So, I took on the daunting task of peeling the root, took me forever. Peels of earth were flying in every direction. Peanut was sad because Mommy was in the kitchen for along time wrestling with roots. I'm extremely slow at cutting veggies you can imagine a hard root was just plain painful. Finally done chopping the roots and other ingredients were cooking on the stove.
As we wait for the soup to finish cooking. Peanut was delighted that Mommy read books to him and we played games of running, which inevitable ended in Peanut giggling hysterically on the floor. I was relieved that the roots were peeled and happy with the aroma of the soup. That soup did not disappoint. It was unbelievable good and next time I want to try it with the cashew cream, because of the fat content in it and creamier taste it would bring.



No comments:

Post a Comment