Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Archery and slow cooking


This last weekend were some fun times. I discovered that I'm not the person you want to rely on with a bow and arrow for food. Yes, that is my arrow wedged in the wall. I got mad skills I know. It was a blast though. With ricochets off the wall and things like moose cream one can not stop laughing. Mr. Incredible was super babysitting Peanut and others as well. He never ceases to amaze me.

Inspired by some of my friends who love curry as much as our family. I challenged myself to make multiple Indian dishes in one day. Having learned from my dear friends in India to make Dol and other dishes. Also having tasted all different regional dishes in India, I decided to make more Northern dishes due to the hot factor but I used the southern flare of coconut milk.

In order to maximize my kitchen space I actually used both my crock pots for the first time to cook. Chicken Vindaloo and Lamb Korma were the dishes I made in the crock pots. The others I did were Aloo Tikka Masala and Patta Gobi Dol. Aloo means potato and Patta Gobi means cauliflower. The Aloo was taken over by me putting to much tomato in it. It looked and tasted more like a version of Indian Italian sauce for pizza. I did it because my beautiful Colorado purple potatoes did not look right in Indian Tikka Masala. The smells of the food and the taste of the Naan, Bhrantas and mint chutney took me back to when I lived there. I love my India! It was all topped off with fresh homemade ice cream delish. Loved it! Thanks to my baker who bravery cooked on the stove and oven instead of a tandoori oven. The Naan and Bhrantas were fab as well as the company that came.

No comments:

Post a Comment