Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Cub Annapolis

I don't know if I mentioned before I'm a cub scout den leader. Yes I am! When I got the call I was like.."No way!!... those boys are going to kill me!  I have no classroom management skills!" Well the manual teaches ways to help that! The first thing is says to deal with the fact that they will never be silent (hehe)!

I thought that the boys would be better then my 4 year-old... no, they are just bigger, but I love those boyz manic energy! Its adorable at pack meetings when they run up and show me all the awards they won. Looking at their excitment the hours I spent on paperwork, and getting the awards to them melt away! They have accomplished something and its building them up! Love it!

So tonight we put together a cubannapolis which is where one turns cardboard boxes into cars and race. Not as exciting as a zombie attack but you tube has some semi entertaining videos of leaders looking silly! I spent alot of time painting boxes. I'm hoping for a fun activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment